Lundagård is counting down the days until Christmas. On December 2nd, we say hello to Luc Appold from Germany who tells us all about his favourite Christmas traditions.
Name: Luc Appold
Hometown: Hamelin, Germany (”Like the Pied Piper of Hamelin”)
Studies: Master in International Development and Management
As an international student, how do you like Lund so far?
– I think it’s super nice, right now it’s cold to be honest, but in general very charming.
If you were to pick your favourite Christmas tradition, what would that be and why?
– To be honest, for me it’s baking cookies. We already did this with my family and I think it’s super nice and I really enjoyed that. Listening to music while baking, having some old wine.
Do you prefer Christmas or New Years?
– I think I prefer Christmas, even though it’s a lot of food. I think it’s super nice to get together with the family and New Years it’s more about meeting with friends, at least for me, and I can go to parties with them at any point. But being together with my family, that’s super special.
What is your favourite Christmas film?
– Oh, good question, I was actually thinking about that! I think ”Polar Express” is super nice. I have some German films in my mind, but I think you wouldn’t know them.
What would the perfect Christmas day be for you?
– A white Christmas is a big thing for me because it’s super rare. So a perfect Christmas would be white Christmas, and my father not working too long. He’s self employed and he’s working until the last moment. We would do something together, like preparing the Christmas tree and the food together
– A big Christmas tradition for me it’s that we would make a riddle out of your gift and then everyone in the family has to touch it and guess what it is.