5 Reasons why Love Actually (2003) is the Best Christmas Movie. Ever.
(Warning: list contains spoilers)
- Everyone should see Hugh Grant dance through 10 Downing Street as the British prime minister at least once every year.
- The admittedly terrible title song (“Christmas is all around you”) will be stuck with you for at least a week, and after three days you kind of start to like it.
- The wonderfully emotional speech Daniel (Liam Neeson) delivers at his wife’s funeral and then seeing him carrying out the casket to “Bye, Bye Baby” by the Bay City Rollers will have you sobbing every goddamned time.
- The scene in which Mark (Andrew Lincoln) tells Juliet (Keira Knightley) that she is perfect and he loves her, because “at Christmas you tell the truth”, sends happy goose-bumps down your back and makes you want to call your own loved ones immediately.
- It’s about all kinds of love, between parents and children, between brothers and sisters and between best friends. Basically, everything Christmas is about.